• In a large school, for safety reasons, it is essential that all pupils are instantly recognisable as Craigmount High School pupils.
• Wearing school uniform instils pride, a sense of belonging, a sense of purpose in class and projects an appropriate image to the local community and visitors to the school.
• Items of school uniform are significantly cheaper than branded items of clothing.
• School uniform removes the stigma attached to not wearing more expensive branded items and also reduces peer-pressure.
Parent/carers are asked to co-operate with the school in encouraging the wearing of the school uniform.
We will contact home for pupils who are not following the dress code to discuss supporting this in the future.
Please help us by ensuring that pupils do not bring valuable or expensive items of clothing to school.
Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled, particularly ties, sweatshirts and PE equipment which are often lost.
All pupils in all year groups must wear:
Pupils should have either a school tie or a polo shirt/sweatshirt/jumper preferably with a Craigmount logo clearly visible.
• White shirt (with collar) and tie.
Pupils may wear a plain black jumper or cardigan over the shirt, but the tie must be clearly visible.
• White or black polo shirt.
Pupils may wear a black jumper/sweatshirt/cardigan preferably with Craigmount logo over the polo shirt.
• Smart black trousers/black jeans or skirt.
• Black Footwear: black shoes or all black trainer.
Please note the following:
• No branded clothing.
• No leggings/jogging/tracksuit bottoms.
• Trousers should not have holes/rips and should not be faded.
• All items of outdoor clothing (including hoodies, scarves, baseball caps and jackets) must be removed in class.
Pupils should bring a change of footwear for PE and wear appropriate clothing for the activity that they are working on. Activities can be indoors or outdoors so preparing for the weather is important. Pupils can find out their activities on the department timetable or from their teacher.
Please note the following:
• PE clothes must be different from those worn to school.
• No football colours.
• During PE lessons all jewellery must be removed and long hair tied back.
Please get in touch if you need any support in accessing school uniform by e-mailing the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) or calling us on 0131 339 6823.
We have a partnership with the Edinburgh School Uniform Bank and where we can request up to six items of new uniform for pupils who would benefit.
Any Craigmount branded uniform which pupils have outgrown can be handed into the school office to allow us to allocate these items to pupils.
School ties are not available to order online but can be purchased direct from the school office and cost £7.
Polo shirts, sweatshirts, jumpers and cardigans with the Craigmount Logo can be purchased online from Borders Embroideries (see further information on next page).
Borders Embroidery also recently opened a shop at 187A Dundee Street, Edinburgh, EH11 1DH, if you prefer to shop in person. (Prices correct as of May 2021)
Please click the link below to see our dress code for August 2021. There has been no change to our uniform for this session however our dress code makes it clear what students should wear to school in the new session.