Please see the updated message copied below from the Council communication page and note the change (in blue) to the times for collecting bus tokens. Collecting tokens from 8:00am rather than 8:30am should give S5/6 students enough time to get to Tynecastle for a 9:00am start.
Please also note the following:
- Attendance is expected for all S4-6 tomorrow, so please call Tynecastle High School on 0131 337 0336 to report any absences.
- Absence texts will operate but will be slightly later than usual tomorrow due to the later start.
- Please continue to follow Craigmount Website and Twitter for updates.
Read below for all alternative arrangements, including details on travel, exams and lunches.
S4 to S6 students should attend Tynecastle High School tomorrow (Thursday 14 April) at the following times
- S5 and S6 – 9am
- S4 – 10am
Students should report to the main entrance on McLeod Street, where senior staff will direct them to the hall. You should wear school uniform and bring books, jotters and equipment.
We will update you on S1 to S3 later in the week.
Craigmount staff will be outside Craigmount High School from 8:00am tomorrow (Thursday 14 April) to issue free bus tokens. Students should tell the bus driver that they are Craigmount students travelling to Tynecastle. This is important as the bus tokens say 12-15 years, but the bus companies have kindly allowed our senior students to use them.
There are a number of buses that go from the Craigmount catchment area to Tynecastle High School:
- Service 1 from Drumbrae to Gorgie Road
- Service 31 Glasgow Road to Roseburn
- Service 26 St John’s Road to Roseburn
- Service 12 St John’s Road to Roseburn
From Roseburn, walk along Russell Road and McLeod Street. This takes about ten minutes.