THIS POST CONTAINS GENERAL SQA RESULTS INFORMATION AND ART NATIONAL 5 SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Dear Students and Parents,
We wish all Students success and achievement when they open / receive their results tomorrow.
Once you have received your results there may be some options for you to consider, there are many websites which will offer support and specific guidance to help you, whatever the outcome.
The simplest way to get to their website is to Google the organisation which may be able to help, some suggestions are below…
- UCAS – for those wanting advice on University places or clearing options. ‘Clearing’ is the term used which allows additional spaces onto courses due to results
- Edinburgh College – the website will show which courses (part time and full time) have places, they will also have a ‘contact us’ page where you can ask for advice on the courses you could sit with the results you have
- SQA – the Scottish Qualification Authority website will have links offering and contact telephone numbers for advice
- SQA Results Service – this section of the SQA website will give you the guidelines and information you need if you would like to request this service. Please read the web page as it contains information regarding the SQA’s guidelines on how this service operates
- Skills Development Scotland – can advise you on what jobs, training, apprenticeships or college places you can get into with the results you have
If your results are prompting you to reconsider your subject choices, you can contact Mr Irving using the School ‘contact us’ email from the website, simply title the email FAO of Mr Irving.
In the email please provide brief details of what subjects you would like to consider taking / dropping and the reason behind your decision.
Mr Irving will be in Craigmount most of this week and will do all possible to assist with subject change requests.
SQA ART NATIONAL 5
We have worked through a technical issue with the SQA over the last few days. A small number of students sitting National 5 Art, will notice that their National 5 Art grade / band is missing from their certificate. Please do not worry, this matter is being resolved.
The results are being emailed by the SQA to Mr Irving confidentially, from there he will inform the students of their Art result tomorrow (Tuesday).
Duplicate SQA certificates with your Art result included will be printed off next week, and posted to arrive with you by the end of August.
Please accept our apologies; the students have done nothing wrong in this matter, it was an administrative error.
Best wishes from all at Craigmount when tomorrow comes.