Students who have recently sat SQA exams, you can sign up to receive your results by a text and/or email. By selecting this service, your results will arrive from 8am on Tuesday 8 August 2017. To register, you need to sign up to MySQA by 5pm on 18 July, and activate your account by 5pm […]
The Parent Council is here to work with the school to improve the experience of your children at Craigmount and to represent the views of parents.
We get involved in discussions on many issues, but typical ones include
- Curriculum and the implementation of Curriculum for Excellence
- Impact of budget cuts
- School Improvement Plan
- Review of report from Head Teacher
We can only represent you if you are actively involved in the life of the school. You can get involved by:
- Checking the Parent Council page on the website and sending us an email if you have a query;
- Attending parents evening and other events for parents and speaking to one of us;
- Coming along to a meeting as an observer without any commitment to join;
- Supporting fundraising by buying a quiz or raffle ticket or helping at an event such as The Corstorphine Fair:
- Joining the Parent Council and coming along to 6 meetings a year on a Monday evening.
You may already know one of us in which case feel free to raise any issues with us. The members who served during 2016/17 are given below with their children’s year groups. An updated list will be made available after the first meeting of the 2017/18 session.
- Alison Bowyer (Chair) S5
- Janice Reynolds (Secretary) S5
- Vaman Pujari (Treasurer) S3 & S6
- Brenda Cheyne S4 & S6
- Julie Cosgrove S4
- Jane Crewe S3 & S5
- Nicola Currie-Mullen S3 & S6
- Claire Harrison S2
- Gareth Jenkins S2 & S6
- Dylais Mattison S5
- Kate McKie S3 & S5
- Karen McLeod S3
- Jill McPherson S3
- Scott Niven S1 & S4
- Jeanette Ross S2
- Diane Shanks S2
- Gillian Smith S2
- Elaine Sutherland S2
- Phil Wild S1
The Head Teacher and other teaching staff attend the meetings
The Parent Council Annual General Meeting was held on Monday 29th May 2017, at the school.
The meeting was to review the work of the parent council over the past year, approve the accounts and discuss issues raised by parents.
The minutes of the meeting, including head teacher’s report, will be published here when they are available.
After the meeting the following changes were made:
Chair – Jane Crewe replaces Alison Bowyer who has stepped down
Secretary – Phil Wild replaces Janice Reynolds who has stepped down
Treasurer – Vaman Pujari remains in post
We meet 2 or 3 times each term, on Monday evenings in the school at 7.00pm.
Meeting dates for 2017/18 are:
- 4th September
- 9th October
- 27th November
- 22nd January
- 12th March
- 23rd April
- 28th May (AGM)
Meetings are held in the staff room or a nearby meeting room (corridor on the left once you’ve entered the school’s concourse).
Published on: 4 July 2017
Published on: 3 July 2017
SpringSummer 2017 part 1 Spring Summer 17 part 2
View all parent council news.