The Craigmount Parent Council Annual General Meeting will take place on Monday 29th May 2017, 7 – 9pm, in the Craigmount High School Staff Room. The meeting is to review the work of the Parent Council over the past year, approve the accounts and discuss issues raised by parents. It is open to any member of the […]
The Parent Council is here to work with the school to improve the experience of your children at Craigmount and to represent the views of parents.
We get involved in discussions on many issues, but typical ones include
- Curriculum and the implementation of Curriculum for Excellence
- Impact of budget cuts
- School Improvement Plan
- Review of report from Head Teacher
We can only represent you if you are actively involved in the life of the school. You can get involved by:
- Checking the Parent Council page on the website and sending us an email if you have a query;
- Attending parents evening and other events for parents and speaking to one of us;
- Coming along to a meeting as an observer without any commitment to join;
- Supporting fundraising by buying a quiz or raffle ticket or helping at an event such as The Corstorphine Fair:
- Joining the Parent Council and coming along to 6 meetings a year on a Monday evening.
You may already know one of us in which case feel free to raise any issues with us. The current members with their children’s year groups are:
- Alison Bowyer (Chair) S5
- Janice Reynolds (Secretary) S5
- Vaman Pujari (Treasurer) S3 & S6
- Brenda Cheyne S4 & S6
- Julie Cosgrove S4
- Jane Crewe S3 & S5
- Nicola Currie-Mullen S3 & S6
- Claire Harrison S2
- Gareth Jenkins S2 & S6
- Dylais Mattison S5
- Kate McKie S3 & S5
- Karen McLeod S3
- Jill McPherson S3
- Scott Niven S1 & S4
- Jeanette Ross S2
- Diane Shanks S2
- Gillian Smith S2
- Elaine Sutherland S2
- Phil Wild S1
The Head Teacher and other teaching staff attend the meetings
The Parent Council Annual General Meeting will take place on Monday 29th May 2017, 7 – 9pm, in the Craigmount High School Staff Room.
The meeting is to review the work of the Parent Council over the past year, approve the accounts and discuss issues raised by parents.
It is open to any member of the Craigmount High School Parent Forum – that is any parent or guardian of a child currently on the school role.
- Welcome and Apologies
- Approval of minutes – 16 May 2016
- Chair’s Report – work of the parent council in the year
- Treasurer’s Report – approval of the accounts
- Head Teacher’s Report
- Open Discussion – relevant matters raised by members of the Parent Forum
- Appointment of new members
The minutes of the previous meeting are avalable here:
Chair – Alison Bowyer
Secretary – Janice Reynolds
Treasurer – Vaman Pujari
We meet 2 or 3 times each term, on Monday evenings in the school at 7.00pm.
Meeting dates for 2017/18 will be published here.
Published on: 12 May 2017
Published on: 3 May 2017
Dear Parent / Carer, After nearly 2 years of consulting and planning we are close to moving into not only our new timetable, but also our new day structure. The students will be given Timetables in the coming days to help prepare them for Monday 8th May when the new S2 S3 S4 will begin. […]
View all parent council news.