WELCOME TO THE STUDENT SUPPORT DEPARTMENT
All staff work together in an open plan office. Our door is always open so that students can come and make arrangements to speak with their guidance teacher.
- Arthur House (01/02 classes) are with Mr Lynch
- Braid House (03/04 classes) are with Miss Savage
- Calton House (05/06 classes) are with Mrs Main
- Pentland House (07/08 classes) are with Mr Sansom
- Swanston House (09/10 classes) are with Mr Valentine
Parents can make contact with the guidance staff allocated to their young person through phone or email. The guidance teacher is the first point of contact for parents. Our guidance team also work with a range of external agencies such as social work, educational welfare officers and CAMHS.
Each student is taught Personal Social Education (PSE) one period a week by their guidance teacher.
Every year we have a large number of students applying to UCAS. Students are required to register on the UCAS website and complete a personal statement. The guidance team complete a reference on the behalf of the students with an input from their class teachers. Please see below the deadlines relating to this years UCAS:
- Personal Statements to be drafted and handed to guidance teacher by 14/10/2016
- Full applications should be completed by 16/12/2016.
We have a very strong link with the local colleges and many of or students attend college in the afternoon to complete a qualification.
|Sam Lynch||Student Support Leader (01, 02)|
|Linda Main||Student Support Leader (05, 06)|
|David Sansom||Student Support Leader (07, 08)|
|Laura Savage||Student Support Leader (03, 04)|
|Neil Valentine||Student Support Leader (09, 10)|