Library Resource Centre
Our school library plays a crucial role in supporting pupils’ attainment and achievement.
It’s a hub for learning information skills, reading for enjoyment, developing independent learners and a resource for the whole school across the curriculum.
We promote a reading culture by organising special promotional activities relating to events such as World Book Day, National Poetry Day and Book Week Scotland, arranging author visits, and making reading visible within the school.
All S1 students take part in an Information Literacy programme, learning about and putting into practice research and evaluation skills, including internet use.
- Fiction: an extensive range of fiction for all reading tastes and abilities, which is continually updated to reflect newly published material – divided into General (S1+) and Senior (S4+) sections,
- Non-fiction: Information books to support research for all stages and aspects of the curriculum,
- A collection of graphic novels, manga and illustrated books,
- College and university prospectuses, gap year information and job information,
- Current and back copies of Issues and Essential Articles,
- Online electronic resources such as Issues Online, Press Reader and Access to Research,
- 20 PCs,
- Study space,
- Teen Titles: Copies available of this widely distributed magazine which reviews recently published material for young people. Students can contribute by having their book reviews published.
- Library events, including Monday Manga and Readaxation Friday.
Monday – Thursday 8.25-1.10 1.45-4.15
Friday 8.25-1.10 1.45-4.00
Katie Swann Librarian