Dress Down Day – Friday 13/10/17
Theme – Caribbean Style
In aid of the victims of Hurricane Irma which devastated many islands.
Suggested donation £1
Sent on behalf of The Charities Committee
Lockers Between English and Languages
As the lockers in stairwell between English and Modern Languages are currently inaccessible, if you require access to your locker, please speak to Mrs Bryce in the Management Corridor.
WOW 2018 : Eigg Adventure
Those who attended the last meeting and put their name on the list and anyone else who is interested in going on this trip, please attend a meeting at morning break, room G47 on Thursday 12 October 2017. This is to give out a letter with information on the trip and how to pay.
S1-6 CREATION CLUB – Animation and video editing lunchtime club.
Are you a Content Creator, Aspiring Video Editor or Animator? Then i invite you to the Creation Club. The Creation Club is a club to teach all those important skills in creating videos. This club will be run by students in CDT on Tuesday Lunchtimes. Please see Edward in 603 for more information or come along after October break!
House Ambassadors will be going around Tutor Groups talking to students about being part of the Student Council. If you have change ideas and wish to be part of a proactive, positive student council please do make yourself known to them! We will for the Student Council after the October break.
P7 PARENTS INFORMATION EVENING
We are looking for House Ambassadors to attend on Thursday evening if available to support this important event. Please see Mrs Coull if you are able.
French Ski School
Can anyone intending on going on this trip who has not yet paid a deposit, please do so before the October holidays. Please see Mr Gray in the PE department if you require anymore information.
Hillend Ski Lessons
Hillend ski lessons will start again in November. Please collect a letter from the PE department. Anyone wishing to snowboard please speak to Mr Gray as well as collecting a letter.
WOW2018 NEW BIG TRIP: EAST COAST SURF ADVENTURE
This new Big Trip includes:
- Surf lessons with Martin McQueenie who is a surf coach with the Scottish Surf Team and ex-UK surf champion
- Beach to Beach adventures along the sunny East Coast of Scotland
- All-inclusive camping next to the ocean
If you would like to spend your Week of Wellbeing living like a surfer for only £200 see the PE department for a letter. SPACES ARE LIMITED!
See PETV for more info!
S1-3 WOW London Trip
The names of pupils who have a place on the London Trip will be put up in the concourse.
NYC/DC October 2018
Could all those going to NYC/DC in October 2018 with the social subjects faculty, attend a meeting in Miss Lawson’s room (G17) on Thursday at break time
The library will be closed from Tue 24-Fri 27 October, except for booked classes.
Please find below some information which will help you use the library during this time.
- The library will only be available for use by booked classes (class visits or PC bookings)
- If you have already booked, please get a key from the office and return it when you are finished
- If you need to book during this time, please contact Margaret Ferguson by phone/email to book or check availability. She will have access to amend the paper diary ONLY, so be aware that the Outlook calendar will not be up to date.
- Students can still borrow/return books during class visits. Please use one of the forms on the desk to record the NAMES of the students, and the BARCODE number inside the book. If they return it within the week, just cross it off the list.
Thank you all for your help and support. If you need any other resources or information please let me know by Friday.
Anyone in S5/6 interested in studying Law ?
There is an opportunity to shadow a Solicitor in a well known Law firm during the October break.
See Mr Lynch in Guidance if interested or want more information.
If you would be interested in training to be a lifeguard, there will be a training course running during the October break at Queensferry High School. This course will be heavily subsidised and you must be 16 or over to take part. Please come and see Mr Russell in PE if you would like more information.
Mr Russell – Active Schools Co-ordinator